Student Writing Competition 3rd IHC 2016
Call for Entries
As a part of the International Hindi Conference, 2015, we plan to organize a special session for and by K-12 students who are enrolled in Hindi classes at public or community schools in USA or other parts of North or South America.
Honorable Consul General Ambassador Mrs. Riva Ganguly Das, will give award to the original writing competitors in article, essay, story, and poem on April 30th at 10.30 am.
More details about the session will be included in the final agenda of the conference. Students and parents are welcome to attend. We urge all parents, students, who wish to attend the conference, to register through our web-based link:
Who Can Enter
Middle & High School Students
Cash Awards Presented by
Honorable Consul General Ambassador of India
Story, Article and Essay Criteria
Must be 200-300 words
Must have 15-20 lines
Dear teachers and parents:
Please encourage your students/children to participate in the Hindi Writing competition. Writing can be in any of the genre such as story, article, essay, and poem.
1) Below are the criteria for participants:
• Participant must be a student
• Age: between 10-18 years old
• Write only in Hindi language
• Signature for original work
• Article, story or essay must have 200 words to 300 words.
• Poem must have 15-20 lines
2) Writing of article, essay, or story should be on any of the below topics:
• Memorable event of my life - मेरे जीवन की सब से यादगार घटना (मेरे जीवन की अविस्मरणीय घटना)
• My trip to India - मेरी भारत यात्रा
• Importance of Earth Day - पृथ्वी दिवस की आवश्यकता
3) Poem should be on any of the following themes:
• My mother / My father – मेरी माँ / मेरे पिता जी
4) All writings will be judged by a panel of reader/judges. Their judgment will be final.
• Judges will use the following criteria for any type of the genre writing: